Today is a great day for many many reasons. Here are a few of them:
1. It’s my Friday!
2. Harper was accepted (99% sure) into the DFW Lab Rescue program. This means that she will get space on their website, get to attend their adoption events, and I will receive assistance for her veterinary care. This happening opens up more space in my budget to rescue more dogs. Yippee!
3. I am a finalist in the Central Market Hatch Chile Recipe contest. I created a Hatch chile and goat cheese risotto last week and sent it in to the contest. Yesterday I was notified that I am a finalist and that I will need to prepare enough for 8 judges to sample this Sunday at the Dallas Central Market. I’m sure there will be lots of other delicious hatch recipes out there and I can’t wait to see what others have come up with!
4. I get to see one of my dear dear friends who spends her life keeping horses healthy, miss Anita. Her and her boytoy recently purchased a house outside of Houston and I can’t wait to visit. They were kind enough to offer me and the girls (lizzie and harper) a guest room for the weekend.
5. Adam and Lauren tie the knot in 2 days! Wes is the best man in the wedding, so we get to spend the weekend with them as well. Yay friends!
6. I get to go to a secret event tonight for a person I greatly admire. I can’t wait. 🙂
7. For anyone in the financial accounting field, you will get this. I finally finished all edits for detailed tagging on XBRL… work life will now vastly improve.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful Thursday as well!